WD RE4 enterprise SATA hard drives combine 64 MB cache with SATA 3 Gb/s transfer rate and dual stage actuation for lightning-fast performance in demanding server and storage applications. Technologically advanced acoustics minimize noise. Cool drive operation and enhanced reliability features help protect the drive and the data stored on it.
- Massive capacity - WD RE4 Enterprise SATA drives are available with a cavernous 2 TB capacity.
- Dual actuator technology - A head positioning system with two actuators that improves positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses piezoelectric motion to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy.
- Dual processor - With double the processing power, WD RE4 boasts the highest performance of any drive in the WD RE family.
- StableTrac - The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations.
- RAFF - Enhanced RAFF technology includes sophisticated electronics to monitor the drive and correct both linear and rotational vibration in real time. The result is a significant performance improvement in high vibration environments over the previous generation of drives.
- IntelliSeek - Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower unnecessary power consumption, noise, and vibration.
- Multi-axis shock sensor - Automatically detects the subtlest shock events and compensates to protect the data.
- RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER) - Prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop drives.
- Third generation dynamic fly height - Each read-write head's fly height is adjusted in real time for optimum reliability.
- Thermal extended burn-in test - Each drive is put through extended burn-in testing with thermal cycling to ensure reliable operation.
- NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) - WD RE4 drives utilize PMR technology to achieve even greater areal density, reliability, and design margin.
- Active Power Save - Delivers best-in-class power consumption through advanced WD firmware that conserves power in active seek modes without degrading performance.
Acoustic pressure emissions: 34 dB
Depth: 14.7 cm
Device type: HDD
Drive device, buffer size: 64 MB
Hard drive capacity: 2000 GB
Hard drive interface: Serial ATA II
Hard drive size: 3.5"
Hard drive speed: 7200 RPM
Height: 2.61 cm
Operating temperature (T-T): 5 - 55 ░C
Power consumption (off): 1.3 W
Power consumption (standby): 1.3 W
Start/stop cycles: 600000
Weight: 750 g
Width: 10.2 cm
WD RE4 enterprise SATA hard drives combine 64 Mb cache with a SATA 3 Gb/s transfer rate and dual stage actuation for lightning-fast performance in demanding server and storage applications. Technologically advanced acoustics minimize noise. Cool drive operation and enhanced reliability features help protect the drive and the data stored on it.